Friday, March 9, 2012

What is there to do in Toronto this weekend for a Valentine's Day getaway with my wife?

My wife and I are 25-30 and looking for fun activities and nightlife in Toronto, ON this weekend. She has never been to Toronto and it has been a few years since I last went.



Any good bar/restaurant recommendations?



Any locals know the little known gems you could point us to?



Your help is much appreciated!What is there to do in Toronto this weekend for a Valentine's Day getaway with my wife?
Someone mentioned the korean grill house and these are pretty good. A little smoky sometimes but a fun experience to cook your own food on the grill at your table.



Another place with nice low lighting, good food and a good atmosphere is the elephant and castle on Yonge St. They close around 12:30 pm so you may want somewhere else for after. I say this one is the best for a valentine's dinner!



An eclectic and interesting bar that's open til 2 is the green room near bloor and brunswick. It's not fancy but the environment is nice.



For some live irish music 365 nights/year til 2 you can check out the james joyce, also near bloor and brunswick.



Sunday brunch at the gallery grill in the hart house building on the u of toronto campus is also quite nice. Classy and very good food. Check the hours though since they are limited!



Hope you guys have a fun valentine's weekend!What is there to do in Toronto this weekend for a Valentine's Day getaway with my wife?
I'm 17, so my idea of a "fun weekend" is on the other end of the spectrum from what I assume you guys do. But as for the restaurants, it all depends on what type of foods you like. I use these two sites every time I plan to go out:

http://www.blogto.com/ - Features a "best of Toronto" category ranging from best Thai restaurant, best burritos, best pubs, best pizza, etc etc. The list goes on.

http://www.dine.to/ - Along the same lines as the site above.



My personal favourite is this restaurant called "Korean Grill House" and theres several locations downtown (look it up online). Its literally a restaurant where you cook your own food. You're seated at a table with a circular grill in the center with tongs that you use to cook the raw-meat they serve and watch them sizzle before your eyes. They serve a lot of different meats and all you can eat specials. Its actually a fun inexpensive place to eat.
  • beef o bradys
  • greek salad dressing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment