Monday, March 12, 2012

How to remove big furniture from my apartment in Toronto?

I live in Toronto and need to get rid of a wooden futon and cushion from my apartment. Can this be thrown out with the ordinary garbage? I am trying to avoid the costs of junk companies.How to remove big furniture from my apartment in Toronto?
In addition to the suggestions listed already, I would also consider listing them under "Free Stuff" on Craigslist.

OR

We did this years ago when I was moving out of my Toronto apartment:

Build a sign that says "Free Stuff, Take It." and put the stuff outside with the sign on it. It was gone that day.
If you have charitable groups like The Salvation Army here in the States, they will pick it up and take it away free. Regular trash collectors will not take furniture or at least not here. We have many charitable organizations that will take anything away free and either re-purpose it or dispose of it. You should have many similar organizations.How to remove big furniture from my apartment in Toronto?
You can look for a thrift shop that takes this kind of stuff, and there are plenty of them.



Here (in CA) the sanitation dept (that picks up the trash weekly) also has a 'large item pickup'. You call their 800 number and they schedule to come within a few days. All you have to do is make sure it is at the curb when they come.



I wish more people would ask this kind of question. Many people just leave their old stuff at the curb or dump it somewhere close. It is a real eyesore and people should know how to get rid of old washers and beds and couches.

No comments:

Post a Comment