Monday, March 12, 2012

How much should I budget per day to travel within Toronto?

I will be in Toronto and nearby areas in Ontario this July. How much should I allocate per day for expenses such as transportation, meals and other entrance fees (budget tour)? Estimates will be greatly appreciated. Accomodation not included as I will be staying with a friend. Hope to get some advice. I love Canada :)How much should I budget per day to travel within Toronto?
I live in Toronto.

Transportation - the TTC (Toronto Transit) is AMAZING, can get anywhere in toronto. costs $2.75 per ride, or $22.50/ 20 tickets, $9.50/day pass, $109/month pass. Also, if you are planning on going to a city close by you can usually take a Go Train, from downtown toronto, can go pretty far for around $10 or less.

Meals - Depends how much you want to spend, could go anywhere from $5 - $50 per meal. Theres a lot of street vendors that sell hot dogs for around $2.50, theres alot of fast food places, or also restaurants anywhere from about $15-$50 a meal.

Tours/Entertainment - Theres a TON of attractions near (all of these are approx. prices), CN tower is $30, Ontario Place is $25, Wonderland is $40, Blue Jays Game is $10, Centerville is $25.. etc etc.

So it really depends on how much you want to spend.



HAVE A FUN TRIP
For transportation I always get a day pass, they run $10.00 and you can use them up until 3 am the next day (available at any subway kiosk, I buy them as I travel so rarely downtown, and the cash fare is $2.85), meals are a bit tricky, it depends on your taste, we have a lot of ethnic places and the usual fast food types from the U.S or other regions of Canada, I would say lunch will cost $5-8, and dinners can range from $8-15. There are vendors on the street for a quick meal to, but just be careful.



Now for tours there is the Grey Line, they meet up in front of city hall and some of the hotels and have a city wide tour, there prices are reasonable, I went on it for lark, even though I have lived here for 15 yrs, it was very enjoyable around $15-20, I went a few years back, a night out with your friend, I would suggest the Toronto Harbour tour, you get it at the Queens Quay terminal on Lakeshore Blvd, it is around $20.



I am a former chef and know you will have lots of fun and there is so much to see and do here, get your friend to take you to the ethnic areas like Chinatown, Greektown and others, and do not forget to visit Honest Eds, it is a treat even for locals, Ed Mirvish past away last year at 93, but it is still a place were you feel he could still be greeting people at the doors.How much should I budget per day to travel within Toronto?
For information about money and costs in Toronto, check out this webpage I've found for you. Seems useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment