Friday, February 24, 2012

What is appropriate attire for Toronto weather in late November?

I will be traveling to Buffalo NY and Toronto on Thanksgiving weekend. I don't know what to wear. I know it will be very cold, but will it be blizzard cold? I am from sunny California, so this is new to me. Thanks!What is appropriate attire for Toronto weather in late November?
It has been a rather mild winter so far with above 0 temps just a couple of weeks ago it was 18 degrees celsius (about 35-45 F I believe). But that doesn't mean it will stay that way. You may want to bring some sweaters, long pants, layers, an umbrella and a jacket. Some times the weather can change with in a few minutes so be prepared for any thing. As for shoes, the time for sandals is long gone but you can still wear stylish runners or boots.

I live in Brampton Ontario, just outside of Toronto.
The end of November can be unpredictable - it can either be cool or downright cold. I would recommend you wearing a warmer coat, gloves or mittens and warmer shoes, boots if you like. I know last year the end of Nov was very cold with tons of snow but the year before it was actually mild outside. It is pretty unpredictable but I would bet on colder just to be safe.What is appropriate attire for Toronto weather in late November?
I don't think it will be blizzard cold, although it could snow, you will most likely see rain, but it will be cold and depending where you are in the city it can be windy too because some of the streets are like wind tunnels. Think layers, bring a medium weight coat or thick jacket, a sweater or hoodie, and a scarf..and maybe a hat.
I doubt it will snow just yet. There might be a chance of rain though.

Blizzard cold? No. Not unless there's a significant wind chill which will make the temperatures rise. Living in Cali this will be alot colder so just bring a nice warm coat, a scarf and warm clothing. There's no need for hats or gloves though unless you are the terribly-afraid-of-the-cold type. Hey it's not winter just YET! =]
Layers!!! More is better than not bringing enough! Sweaters ... jackets ... It will be blizzard cold most likely!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment