Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What do i have to do to become a theoretical physicist in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario?

I have always kept this as a goal in my life, but I have trouble choosing a good path. I am currently in grade 11 in high school. Can someone please tell me what subjects to take and what clubs to join in high school?



After high school I plan on getting into University of Toronto, but I don't know what subjects to take. It would be really helpful if someone gave me a detailed answer.

Thank You!What do i have to do to become a theoretical physicist in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario?
Go to college and major in physics. Take a lot of math and computer science classes as well. Spend your summers doing research at your school or others to make sure you actually like doing research and you're good at it. Then you've got 4-8 years of graduate school, 2-6 more of postdocs, and then you can try applying for a job. Theoretical physics might sound cool when you're in high school, but experimentalists make a lot more money and have an easier time finding jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment